The GAZETTE began publication in 1947 from its address at Mersey House, 132-134 Fleet street, edited by Tom Morgan. By the following year, it had increased its size as well as the number of pages. Assistant EditorBasil Storey had taken over the editorship with Harry carpenter moving into the Assistant’s chair. Its tidy layout included all the major speedway stories of the week, a full results service - including heat details - and a gossip column called Goggles and Gas. There were sections for cycle speedway, supporters’ clubs, features, editorial and, notably, a fiction serial, too.